1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing documents on Windows XP Home

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 8BitKronik, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8BitKronik

8BitKronik Thread Starter

Mar 4, 2009
    So, yeah. Me and my girlfriend share this computer and recently I became administrator. So we're both administrator's.

I heard that on Windows XP Home Edition you have to reboot the computer in safe mode, right click on the folder you want to access, click the security tab and grant yourself ownership to access it.

Well I did that and I was able to access her documents. Mainly for the reason to have access to her music. Well I did and it was great except she couldn't access her own documents. So I made her have ownership as well. So we both have full access to the documents but I can't play her music. She can't but I can't.

I've tried sharing the folder and nothing has sufficed. I've tried unclicking the checkbox for making it private and nothing.

Also one more side note, not really a big deal. But how do you install two different programs of Trillian on your computer? Because sharing connections is bothersome and confusing.

Thanks for the help!
  2. vistashen

vistashen Banned

May 2, 2009
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/828213