1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing Emails ???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by stelars, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stelars

stelars Thread Starter

Help!
    I have two laptops that I am using. I have Outlook 2003 on both. I get emails from two eamil addresses on these. The problem is that when I open Outlook on one, I never see that email on the other computer. I have read some other threads that explain this, but I have NO CLUE as to what they are saying. Can someone give me simple, step by step instructions as to how to do this. It's making me crazy and bear in mind, I am next to clueless here folks!

Thanks,

Steve

2. MakoShark

MakoShark

Go into Tools/Accounts and view the properties of the account you have set up on one machine.
    You will need to view the same on your other machine.
    You should be able to set up another account on either machine, so you can view all your emails on one machine, which you can do frmo this screen too.
    Let us know how you get on.
    If you need step by step, literally, then let me know and I will give it a little more detailed.

3. stelars

stelars Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thanks for the response. One thing that I didn't metion. I get email from my work address on both computers and my work email is on an exchange. Now when I test this, if I send an email from computer "A" to my work address, if I open Outlook on the other one, it doesn't go to the one I sent it on - and vice versa. No problem with my home one though -it goes both ways. Also, if I leave all these emails on the server, how do I go in and dump them from time to time??
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. MakoShark

MakoShark

No, if you send email from Outlook, your Sent Items are stored locally, only on that individual machine (unless you've some other arrangement with the IT guys at your work - not sure how this would work).

If you've chosen to leave copies of all emails on the server, you would need to log into the server online, or get your IT people to do it at work for you, and disable this option permanently, or do a mass delete for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice