1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing files in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by madbadger, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbadger

madbadger Thread Starter

This may be so blindingly simple to answer I apologise in advance

Being new to XP I'm struggling with the idea of 4 users logging on & off. I want to allow the family to all share our Favorites list from IE which I've imported from our old PC.

The only person who can access the list is me, Windows help suggests dragging the file into shared documents, but this just doesn't sound right.

Does this mean every time I install a program I have to do it 4 times, once for each user in their setup. Sounds stupid.

PS Thanx to all who contributed to my Partitioning problems with 100Gig HD. Partition Magic emailed me back & say that any size HD is fine with PM7, as long as no partition on it is over the 80Gb limit.

2. dopefish

dopefish

what the windows help is saying is to drag your favourites list or url files located in c:\documents and settings\[your username]\favourites

into the favourites list in

c:\documents and settings\all users\favourites

that way "all users" have access to that favourites list

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!