1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing files on Win XP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by admanis, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. admanis

admanis Thread Starter

I have networked two winXP machines and am sharing files.

How do I set them up so that I can log on to either machine and my profile will be loaded?

2. omegax

omegax

I apologize for not knowing this one, as I use Novell for Roaming Profiles at work and have never attempted it with Microsoft Netoworking, try going to Start - Help and Support and search for info on Roaming Profiles, there MIGHT be enough info in there to get you started. Basically, it's going to take a central location to store the profile that both machines can get at, I just have no clue how to set it up with the Microsoft Client. regards

-Omega-

3. Toddles18

Toddles18

I don't think that is possible in a Peer to Peer network.

4. admanis

admanis Thread Starter

Thanks for your contributions, I have been told by a techie friend that it only works on domains and not peer to peer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice