1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharing large files with a computer half way across the planet.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TheUntitled, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheUntitled

TheUntitled Thread Starter

Greetings.

I have a feeling my question is a ridiculous one, but but I'm desperate so what the heck. :eek:

Is there a way to remotely install or copy software from my computer to a friend's computer? I have a 3Gig .iso that he needs, and I'd rather not post it to him on a disc, as that takes a while. Is it possible to give him direct access to my hard drive, or "sync" his computer with mine then copy the file over? We both use XP Pro.

2. Sponsor

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

Considering the spirit of the rules against P2P and file sharing, I don't think we could help you with this question.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

whats the 3Gig file iso file

5. TheUntitled

TheUntitled Thread Starter

I apologize, I am aware of the rule, I didn't realize this fell under the p2p category.

It's his Prince of Persia game - he accidently left the disc at my place, so I ripped it to .iso for him.

I just saw the rule against Circumventing Copy Protection, so you can go ahead and close this.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

it doesnt fall under the P2P and we can offer advice on copying files which are to big for the email systems
    However, hence my question on the file, as i suspected it was going to be subject to our copyright rules and we therefor cannot help

I will close the post for the copyright reason NOT the P2P

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

Ent,
    This does not fall under the P2P rules , and we could have helped, if a Non-Copyright material

often powerpoint presentations can exceed the limits of some email servers (10MB) Gmail increased to (25MB)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946028