sharing on xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raji

1) I have win xp-home laptop.

I can find this computer using >search>computer or people.
How do I password protect any incoming connection to my computer.

Right now it dosn't ask any pwd.

2) One of my other computers asks for login and pwd, but login field is always set as "guest" and is greyed ( I can not change), though guest a/c is diabled there.

Raji

raji

My question is about the logina and pwd when you connect two computers using cross over cable

1) I have win xp-home laptop.

I can find this computer using >search>computer or people.
How do I password protect any incoming connection to my computer.

Right now it dosn't ask any pwd.

2) One of my other computers asks for login and pwd, but login field is always set as "guest" and is greyed ( I can not change), though guest a/c is diabled there.

Raji

Del

You should be able to go to your c drive and select sharing and password read only, that would be one way to keep anyone from seeing your c drive without your permission,
still not sure of what you're trying to accomplish..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online