Sharing USB devices between 2 computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chrisb1978march

Hi all,

Just found out I have been registered on this site for 10 years, wow how time flies😊.

Anyway, I have googled this and not found what I need. Here's the issue I have:

Due to all this Covid stuff, I'm currently working from home. I have a works laptop and my desktop PC set up on the same desk.

At the moment I have 2 mice and 1 keyboard (which I have to swap over each time I want to use the other machine).

Is there a device that I can plug one mouse and one keyboard into and share it between both the laptop and desktop by simply pressing a button. The ones I have googled are the ones where you can switch between a printer and something else, if you only have one USB port.

Thanks in advance, and thank you for the admin here for providing such a useful and resourceful forum. I haven't used it alot but it has been a godsend in the 10 (edited...it has NOT been 40 years) years I have been a member... Crikey, I have some grey hair now haha

Last edited:
Due to all this Covid stuff, I'm currently working from home.
That seems perfect, and it will allow me to get rid of the HDMI switch too
Glad to hear you got a solution!

Be careful to order this from amazon and not going to shop yourself, due to covid I'm even afraid to go out of house to my wooden toilet.

just kidding lmao :D

chrisb1978march

Glad to hear you got a solution!

Be careful to order this from amazon and not going to shop yourself, due to covid I'm even afraid to go out of house to my wooden toilet.

just kidding lmao :D
Haha, tell me about it bro! I don't even open my curtains, just in case someone looks at me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online