Sharing Vista and XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crazy_Rach

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I did have a look but couldnt really find another situation like mine.

I've got Vista on my main PC and XP Media Centre 2005 on my laptop. Both are connected to my router, I can view the internet on both. They both share the same workgroup.

My problem is that On the vista pc I can see and access the shared folders fine but on the xp pc I can see the vista shared files but cannot access them.
I dont' use a 3rd party firewall and windows firewall is currently switched off. I've turned on filesharing, printer sharing, public folder sharing and media sharing password protection is off but I still cannot access the vista files on my xp laptop.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind Regards,

Rachel:confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online