Sharing wired(LAN) internet connection on windows 8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ronsky

Hi to all. I'm new in this website. I need somebody's help. I have sony vaio smart screen touch computer and with OS windows 8. I want to share my wired(LAN) internet connection to my iphone device through wifi. I don't know how set up this sharing of internet.

TerryNet

Terry
If the "iphone device" supports ad-hoc wireless then set up an ad-hoc wireless network between it and the PC. I'd start with no encryption and then encrypt it after getting it working.

You can then enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the ethernet connection that has internet access. If the ethernet is connected to a router then instead of ICS you can bridge the two connections.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online