Sharp Aquos TV not connecting to WiFi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BenaldTho

Hello there, firstly, my apologies if this is in the incorrect place.

I've looked through the user manuals and cannot find the help that I need!

I unplugged my TV last night, and from this morning I cannot connect to the WiFi. I've connected with the standard way of doing it - inputting the security key on the connect screen on the TV with no luck. It gives me an error saying the key is incorrect. Tried 6 times, each time with the ABSOLUTELY correct key.

I then tried to connect via WPS, again, to no luck. On the top right of the screen I've got a WiFi signal with an exclamation mark (!) over it, obviously showing there is an issue with the connection. I checked via my router to see which devices are connected, and my TV is there and it says "Connected", I assume that places the issue with the TV itself.

The only thing I use it for is catch-up and Netflix, thus making it useless at the minute with no connection.

I'm about to try a wired connection and will post my results.

The model number for this TV is 40BJ2KE.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Try powering down your modem and the router (presupposing they're discrete pieces of hardware). Power up the modem, leave it for about a minute, and then power up the router. Leave this for a couple of minutes, and then see if you can re-connect the TV.

BenaldTho

Try powering down your modem and the router (presupposing they're discrete pieces of hardware). Power up the modem, leave it for about a minute, and then power up the router. Leave this for a couple of minutes, and then see if you can re-connect the TV.

Thank you, honestly such a simple thing and it has worked - before I done that I noticed that some of my other devices weren't connecting properly either! All fixed now - Thank you again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online