1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sharper Image u-video camera and XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mortgage_guy, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortgage_guy

mortgage_guy Thread Starter

Good Morning,

I recieved a Sharper Image U-video camera yesterday, and am stumped as to how I can get it to connect my XP laptop. The computer sees it, and attempts to install drivers, but no dice.

In taking the camera to another computer, this one with Vista on it, it sees it fine. I have been to umpteen websites looking for drivers, and have downloaded several spca561.sys files, but nothing has worked.

In reading the docs for the camera, I have no reason to believe that it has a minimum OS requirement. Has anyone been through this same situation.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Unless I am mistaken and if I am please accept my apologies the original sharper image co. no longer trade and most of these camers are sold through various outlets such as Avon.
    The chances of getting real support are extremely slim
    That said, is XP all updated with SP3 of course and all updates.
    Does the camera come with a driver disc.
    Try when you run the CD if it does come with one, installing as administrative user.

If the camera is connected front usb ports try the rear. The rear are frequently usb2 and the front usb1

3. mortgage_guy

mortgage_guy Thread Starter

It was purchased at JCP. The bizarre thing is that after writing this email, I installed new batteries in the camera, hooked it up to the computer, and voila, it found whatever drivers it needed to find. I am unsure as to why this is, but we can call this case closed at this point.

Thanks for your response.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!