1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

shell script

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by bupu2612, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bupu2612

bupu2612 Thread Starter

hi techies,

my OS : AIX 6.0
    There are several processes running on this system, but recently some processes will crash and these are very critical processes.

I needed help on a script that will be place on cron to run every 1hr to check these few process incase of any crash they should restart them auotmatically.

Thanks for your help!!.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You forgot to include the script and information on what problem(s) you have with it.

3. bupu2612

bupu2612 Thread Starter

hi TerryNet

terry by process i mean.....say there is a script running continuously to perform a particular task, like loading data to a DB, and recently these script keeps crashing because of some corrupted data(files) and what happen's is each time these happen's i need to restart the script manually,
    now what i need is a secondary script that will check(acting like a watchman) if the first script is running or not ( if it's tunning ignore otherwise restart).
    Hope that help you to help me here.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I doubt that you will find anyone willing to write a script for you, regardless of whether this is a school assignment or a work assignment that is over your head.

Helping with a script that you have written and are having trouble debugging is another matter. There are members who may have the knowledge and willingness to help with that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!