1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"shift", "alt", "ctrl" appear onscreen when pressed (see pic)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vastag, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vastag

vastag Thread Starter

Hi - I have a thinkpad x61t. When it's in the docking station, whenever I press "shift" "alt" or "ctrl" a little pop up window tells me that key is being pressed. The laptop does not do this when it's out of the docking station. I've looked all over the control panel in vista and can't find any setting.

Any ideas how to switch it off? Driving me nuts! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. unbidden

unbidden

You mentioned that you have looked in the Control Panel so this may be something you tried already:

Control Panel - Ease of Access Center - Make the keyboard eaiser use - uncheck 'Turn on sticky keys'.

3. vastag

vastag Thread Starter

No, it's not sticky keys. Sticky keys makes shift, alt, ctrl work like caps-lock - one press on, two presses off.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/689806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice