shift key

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

2208alan

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden we can't use the shift key to access any of the "signs" above the numbers on the top of keyboard, like the "at", for e-mail addresses, or the "exclamation point", any ideas?

S

Slithy Tove

If one shift key didn't work I would suspect a keyboard problem. If neither shift key works I would suspect you have inadvertently re-mapped the keyboard or you have virus situation.

The first possibility to eliminate is the virus. Do you have or can you run (from the net) a good AV app ?

Also, if possible, I would try another keyboard on this machine and/or try this keyboard on another machine. It's simple if you have another machine with the same type connector.

2208alan

thank you for the quick reply. I have ran my av, norton, and found no viruses. also, neither shift key works, I will have to find another computer to try it on to see if that works.

S

Slithy Tove

Do that and let us know. Be aware- given the day and time there are not nearly as many people on the board as there are usually. If responses to your questions are kinda slow just please bear with us.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts