1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shipping a Car by Train, etc.

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Gabriel, Dec 25, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed Thread Starter

HI all. Just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever shipped a vehicle across the country, and what mode of shipping you used.
    I am really thinking it might be cheaper to go this route, as driving (me and my friend, Debby) would take 5-7 days, gas would be about $350, motels etc. that are pet friendly $700, food $200 (I am sure it will be more), and Debby's ticket back home plus shuttle $450. Then I would have to ship about 15 boxes back, about another $250.
    Also, if I ship my car, could I put stuff in it, say, rather than ship it all? I know they go by make of car and weight and size and all, but don't know beyond that. Just thought I'd ask if anyone has had any experience with this.

For my dog and me to fly would be about $450.

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
  3. Gabriel

Thanks Ekim. I've gotten 8 comparable quotes from one of the questionaires I filled out, and will try the same with this one.

4. Knotbored

Knotbored

My son shipped a car and wasn't told till last minute he had to unload all boxes he had loaded inside- must be totally empty including the trunk. Also- the car arrived a week later then promised causing him to rent a vehicle since the rental truck he drove had to be returned. He had to leave a couple furnature pieces to make space in the truck for unexpected boxes, and the unexpected rental eliminated the savings he expected.

5. Gabriel

Thanks for the heads up. I am getting lots of quotes and visiting accompanying web pages that are more in depth. This is going to take a while to figure out the more reputable ones.

6. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Good luck in your move Gabriel...(y) And remember you can still get here, even on the other coast...;)

7. Gabriel

I have gotten about 50 quotes, and actually selected three places that are viable and seem reputable so far. I am glad I used an email addy that is basically defunct except for stuff like this.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice