1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shockwave pop-up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by alicez, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

Would anyone know why, all of a sudden, I am getting a Shockwave pop-up (at top of page) when I go to Time Warner or Amazon? I am using WinXP. I don't know why either website would want to run Shockwave.
    (I have Shockwave 11.6 installed on this computer.)
    Can anyone help?

"This website wants to run the following add-on: Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6 from Adobe System Inc. If you trust this website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here"

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Shockwave, like Flash, is used to enhance web content. It can be needed to show some ads or to play videos. It is harmless and adding it will insure that you can access all the content that the page has to offer.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    alicez:

To insure that your computer has the necessary add-ons to access and view multimedia and animation content in all websites, it should have the following installed:

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.1.102.55 (for Internet Explorer)

Adobe Flash Player Plugin 11 (for Firefox and other non-IE browsers)

Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.6.633

Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.30

Microsoft Silverlight 5.0.61118.0

Note: The links that I provided are for Windows(32-bit). If you have Windows(64-bit), make sure to select the Flash Player and Java links for that version.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice