Short circuitry with metal case?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zeromus

Alright I'll keep this nice and short.

I'm helping a friend upgrade his board due to his old one not supporting graphics cards at all despite having a pci-e slot. When his board finally came, we performed the replacement and stuck all wires in their appropriate places, and from there on when we turned on the computer there was absolutely no activity. The power indicator on the board lights up, but the led power indicator on back of the PSU turns off when the system is turned on. So from here I decided to place all bare minimum components on a table and try it out from there. And yes it turned on and everything, it was a success. From here we put the components back in testing out with the extreme bare minimum first, and yes it the problem occurs again. Here are my questions: Could it be the power supply? Or could it be the case itself? And on an additional note, this issue with the case also happens with the old board.

Thanks for looking at my thread.

This sure sounds like the case. Try disconnecting the power lead(s) and start it by shorting the appropriate pins.Disconnect other case leads one at a time to pin this down.

The wires that connect the board to the case. The power leads (wires) in particular.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online