1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Short cut !Still I can't move a web page to my desk top

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robert 1945, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert 1945

robert 1945 Thread Starter

HI All
    This is the second call for assistance !
    I'm on page 15 jan.16th. robert 1945 " I can't create a short cut to my desk top '

I still have the same problem ? If I find a link on a web page I click on file left top
    scroll down to (SAVE AS ) my location box appears I click on desk top
    the screen appears with the name of the page. Just below this in a file type box, it reads, "whole web page"
    I click save . This does not go to the desktop screen. But I will find it listed in the document?
    So then I click on thisin the document's, a box appears saying windows can't find this page.
    I go back to the document's and right click on the web name again and "create a short cut" comes, up I press shortcut and this will go to my desktop, BUT then again I click on the desk top icon for this page and again the window pops up with the little flashlight saying Windows can't find this page

I have tried everything sugested back on January 16th page 15 and this has no results
    perhaps someone might have run into this problem. I tried asking on a forum called Sillyog701 This forum is for people who use Nestcape as their Browser.
    I have had no luck there either.

Robert 1945

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice