1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shortcut icons changing appearance

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by generalderpanzer, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. generalderpanzer

generalderpanzer Thread Starter

Hi, I recently created about 20 desktop shortcut icons, which mostly had little pictures related to the site they were shortcutting to, and some of them were pretty cool. When I fired up the computer next day, they had all gone, and were replaced by some sort of generic 'e' icons, an e on a page of paper type icon. The day after that, my youtube icon reappeared as before, but all the others are still the 'e' on a page type. I deleted some of them, and went to the sites again, and created a shortcut, but they appeared as the 'e' one again. I want my cool icons back! I have windows xp running. Thanks in advance! :)

Troy

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

3. generalderpanzer

generalderpanzer Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply Mike, but what is it? I had a quick look at the link, does it restore the old icons, or would I have to delete all the ones I have now, then download the programme, then re-create the shortcut icons? Thanks again mate!

Troy

4. bernardus

bernardus

generalderpantzer
    Perhaps this little program will help you?
    http://users.rcn.com/taylotr/icon_restore.exe
    And don't forget to R click in taskbar properties to unselect the removal of non active icons.
    In explorer/extra/ folderoptions and filetypes you could select other icons. Carefull not to couple the icons or folderextensions to another program!

bernardus

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice