1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shortcut keys assigned but not functioning

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shooby43, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooby43

shooby43 Thread Starter

Hello,

I've been attempting to create shortcut keys for "My Documents", "My Pictures" and "My Videos". I created the regular shortcut icons on my desktop and adjusted the properties, setting the shortcut space to be ctrl+alt+d for "My Documents". The shortcut saves its properties properly, I can see so when I attempt to re-edit them that they are unchanged, but when I try to actually USE the shortcut key it does not work.

I've found all kinds of threads on the internet of people who don't place the shortcuts on the desktop, or have interfering shortcuts etc. but these are quite litterally the only shortcuts I've ever attempted and so I know there's nothing for them to be interfering with.

If anyone has speculation what to do, it would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Shooby43

2. kshitijdivakar

kshitijdivakar

Hi,

Edit the shortcut and change it to something else like Ctrl + Alt + Q.

Try it. If may work.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice