Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shot CPU

936 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rockn 
#1 ·
This is kind of embarissing, but I accedently shot my computer with a .22. It went throught the case and got lodged in the cpu fan. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the actual processor. Do I have to replace the fan? I don't overclock. What would happen if I just took out the fan? Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Ummmmm................ooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkk........

Sorry, hehe. Never heard of this happening before. OK YES you must replace the CPU fan, you have to. If you don't your CPU will surely burn up and catch your whole house on FIRE! Just kidding, but your CPU will short out if you don't get a new fan. You have to have one even if you don't overclock. It's just a must. I work in a computer store and have seen a lot of burnt processors because peoples fans stopped working. Some computer will just shut off to prevent burning the processor, but some don't! Would you rather have your computer shut off every 5 mins. or run the chance of having to replace your CPU, or would you rather go out and buy a $5.00 fan if that? YOUR CHOICE!! GOOD LUCK!

#3 ·
I'd like to hear the story of how you managed to shoot the system! :eek: What in the world are you doing fooling around with a loaded gun in your house?

#5 ·
I was laying in bed, feeding some rounds through .22 pistol. Then the pizza guy got there so I removed the mag, but forgot to cycle the slide. Later, I wanted to put the hammer down and I didn't mind dry firing it, so I aimed it down towards my floor, which is where my CPU is, and pulled the trigger. A careless, thought it was unloaded situation. Like Dale Gribel said on King of the Hill, "One for the safety video."
I'll go ahead and buy the fan. Thank's for your help, and thank god it wasn't my .45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.