1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

should I buy a win98..My pc has big problems now.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by enforcer911, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enforcer911

enforcer911 Thread Starter

Everything was find for 3 months on this HP Vectra 5 pc..its old ,but it was free and I`ve beenl earning alot..too much that I been downloading things like drivers and other programs to make my pc function better that it actually made this old piece of junk pentium 1 -32mb-ram work better with comcast..

but in that time..For some reason.I`m having trouble with win98..
    my CD-rom wont detect the driver..D-is not asseceble..

2-..my property assecebility section for the key board won`t let me click my sticky,toggle and filter keys..

plus I cant no matter what..get my webcam...or lets just say my pc to detect USB controller...its there..but with this CD rom down I really cant do much..everything is failing abit at atime...

no keyboard control access
    no USB controllers on my divice manager.

should I buy a win98 or borough one to reset this old pc.sry I Wish I can put a question mark ,,but I CANT..the key board is not set right...crap...I hate this pc...

2. enforcer911

NM....I`m gonna try to buy a new pc..this old one works ok.but I cant solve this.I`ve looked at all myfiles and config,,but cant make this pc work 100 percent..what pc should I Get..thats upgradable...or should I upgrade this HP vectra 5...

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

No sense upgrading the old one as its probably just as cheap or cheaper to get all new parts and the new parts will work better together. I wouldn't worry about getting a pc thats upgradeable as by the time you want to upgrade it again its time for new technology. I suggest NOT getting a system with integrated video or sound. Check through some of the other posts on this board to see what people are recommending for a new system.

4. ddriver

ddriver

5. enforcer911

I`m thinking of buying rebuilt pc...but how much should I spend for a Pen 4...without the monitor...I`m willing to go 300 .

which pc is upgradable and durable for the money..new or old.

6. ddriver

ddriver

I'd go for new PC.
    Maybe better warranty too but that's iffy.
    Go to the site mentioned above.
    They have 1 ghz machines for between 200 and 600 $ and plenty of ram.
    You may get someone else's problems with re-built.
    Out of time, got's ta go. Good Luck.

7. ddriver

ddriver

Look under where to buy.
    It's an operating system page first but on it you will find where to buy.
    Check out Wal-mart PC's.

8. Jtoast

Jtoast

I personally would run far and fast from walmart Lindows pc's.

they are running on the via processor which have proven themselves to be pretty slow.

spend the money and go either amd or intel.

9. ddriver

ddriver

It REALLY depends on what you're going to do on your comp.
    Games? Business? E-mails? Design? Graphics? etc.etc, etc.
    For a great many Wal mart computers are just the thing.
    But for avid comp. users WELL , the sky's the limit, they say.
    Build your own.(i did)
    Use store bought.
    If yer a press the gas pedal and go kinda person then Walmart definitely has some great buys. :O)
    But if you really like to get under the hood so to speak then building one is just right.
    If you shop carefully and know what your looking for you CAN save a bundle.
    But enough said on this subject. ;o)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice