Should I buy Ryzen 7 5800x or wait for GPU as well

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheBlackLion

My plan is to play and stream CS:GO on a semi-pro level with a 144hz monitor.

You might be thinking that I don't need a crazy powerful machine to play csgo because it's almost 10 years old. You don't if you want to play casually 60-144 fps.
I did some research to see what kind of PC I need to play CSGO at over 144fps constantly. I came to a decision to go for ryzen 7 5800x and nvidia 2060 or 3060.
The main problem of this build is the GPU, they are ridiculously expensive right now, and there is a shortage for GPUs in my country's stores. I don't know why or how the market works, but it is something I will not spend money on right now.
Streaming csgo with my current specs gets me 30-50fps. Basically, unplayable.
My current specs are:

MB: Asus h110m-k d3, CPU: i5 6600k, GPU: Radeon rx 580 8gb, RAM: 8gb 1600mhz ddr3, PSU: Seasonic GM 650.

Specs I am going for:
MB: undecided still, CPU: ryzen 7 5800x, GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 or higher, RAM: 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, PSU: not changing.

The question is, can I buy the CPU and keep my Radeon RX 580 8gb for now? Will it bottleneck? Will there be any problems streaming CSGO while I wait for the GPU prices to go down.

crjdriver

Do not post multiple threads for the same problem. I am closing this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online