should i delete lsass.exe?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ima_princess

My computer seems to be having problems that have something to do with lsass.exe is this someting I need to get rid of.

More to read if you like http://ask-leo.com/what_are_lsass_l...know_if_im_infected_what_do_i_do_if_i_am.html

Don't delete that yet as it could be a legit system file but it has to be in the right place.C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32,I think. and as the other link pointed out it has to be "lsass" and not "Isass"

Run the scan as suggested although if you're infected it may not be picked up.

Have you or can you update at MS?

This issue may be better served in the SECURITY section on TSG and you can click on the red triangle in a post,right side, and reguest a moderator/admin move it or one might come along and read your post and do it anyways.

Sounds like you're infected and need to disinfect. You are running Virus protection right? however it may not have caught it.

Good luck and hang tight.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts