Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should I get this camcorder???

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  thecoalman 
#1 ·
I know little...well nothing lol, about camcorders. I only ever had one, and I didn't buy it. But it's broken now, and I'm going on holiday next thursday, so I need to get help and find out which one to get before I go! I wouldn't spend more than £350 on a camcorder, as I don't have a money tree.

So, is this camcorder good for the price, and stuff? Thanks for any advice on what to buy, etc!

#7 ·
kidcnote said:
BULL, JVC is an excellent brand to buy :up:
Just like any other manufacturer they have good products and bad.... they make excellent VHS decks and DVD recorders but they also have some that are junk. Best thing to do is research before you buy.

linskyjack said:
The three chips make all the difference in low light performance, color saturation etc. Definately stay away from the JVC>
For low light many cams with one large single chip will outperform a cam with 3 little chips. That just pertains to consumer cams as they have very small chips. 3 chip always outperforms in good light... Results vary by cam, again check the reviews and compare.

---------

As far as the price difference goes bewtwen here and the UK that seems to be the norm, for one thing most DV cams now have passthrough which makes it a video recorder adding an additional tax in the UK. some manufacturers have even disabled this feature to avoid the tax...

#9 ·
linskyjack said:
tell me what one chip consumer cam outperforms a three chip consume cam
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-DCR-HC90-Camcorder-Review.htm

The low light performance on the DCR-HC90 is quite good, and comes in better than other camcorders in this price range including Panasonic's PV-GS150 and PV-GS250, as well as the Canon models in this price range as well. In all, the DCR-HC90's low light performance is one of its strong points
The difference being that it has one large chip as opposed to 3 little ones. You are of course sacrificing better image quality in well lit conditions for the low light performace. Again performance is going to vary by model, research before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.