Should I get XP?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Marlo

You folks are 10 for 10 in answering any of my questions or giving advice, don't know what I would have done without you.

Am ordering a new Dell for home and have a choice of windows millennium, windows 2k or XP home addition.

I currently use windows 98se. Should I get XP or will I be sorry? Is it difficult to learn? I keep reading about it... but it confuses me.

I'm relatively computer literate, but just wonder if all my other programs such as Paint shop pro and hot dog (my html editor) will be compatable.

Would it be a mistake to get a new system and have windows millenium for the os?

One of our techs at work said XP is a whole other animal that I'm not used to and that he heard bad things about it. But he doesn't have it.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks for your time.

Marlo
mmholbrook@yahoo.com

I have had it for a couple of weeks now and it is superb.No crashes at all and a lovely interface. If you are getting it on a new computer everything will be compatible or just the W2k drivers. I upgraded from W98 first edition and have tried all the other OP systems and it is head and shoulders above them all :)

I have heard only great thing about Xp... but you really only have to choose between Xp and win2k. WinMe would be a big mistake, so don't even consider it. I haven't used either win2k or Xp, but from what I've heard, I would suggest Xp.

buck52

Banned
Another vote for.... go for it

I dual booted it on my 98SE machine just to fool around with and I like it. It has some nice additional features over 98SE including cookies management. I have only found a couple things that I used on 98SE that don't seem to work on XP.

forget ME

good luck

buck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.