Should I Keep Windows 8 or go to Windows 10?

ItzInuyasha

I need to know if I should keep windows 8 or got to windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows 8.1 will be able to get security updates until January 10, 2023. However, it is best to upgrade Windows 8 or 8.1 to Windows 10. Windows 8.0 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

No matter what Specs you have move to windows 10 as windows 8.1 is not more in support. Its better and more advance. Not too strong to low spec hardware.

Johnny b

John
No matter what Specs you have move to windows 10 as windows 8.1 is not more in support. Its better and more advance. Not too strong to low spec hardware.

Mainstream support ended but extended support goes to January 10 2023.
Security updates will continue at least till then.
So, a Win 8.1 user doesn't have to upgrade at this time.
But as the upgrade is free and if the hardware supports Win 10 and a user intends to stay on a Windows platform, imo, might just as well upgrade to Win 10 now.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/windows

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture.JPG

He's a first-time poster who hasn't replied back to any of us since starting his thread 10 days ago.
Any comments and advise from us is probably a waste of time.

--------------------------------------------------

Johnny b

John
Agree.
For helping that member, but the thread topic might help others 'sitting on the fence' undecided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online