1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Should I Upgrade my Processor???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by junkyard, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkyard

junkyard Thread Starter

hi i Run a Lan center and im looking to upgrade the computers
    this is what they have
    k7s8x asrock mother boards with AMD 2600+ socket A
    now it says if i flash the bios i can upgrade the processors to AMD 3000+ sockets

would it be much of a increase preformance that i should upgrade ?
    it runs games now with frame rate of like 20 to 25 i wish to get the frame rate to atleast 35 to 40 we got decent video cards in there now 6200s but still haveing performance issuses

2. jvnderwe

jvnderwe

If money is no object then you might as well go ahead and do it. However, IMO it would not be worth the cost. I doubt the performance increase would be that significant and with an old Socket A motherboard you can't really upgrade to anything current. Personally, I would keep the current processor and just wait until you get an entirely new computer with socket AM2 or something like that.

Of course, if you want to buy it and sell me your current CPU for a good price...:) It is pretty difficult to even find Socket A processors these days.

3. junkyard

junkyard Thread Starter

well thats what we figures was that we should just start puting together new computers if we did buy new processors we were gonan sell the old ones on ebay for liek 30 bucks each but i guess mabey we will start to try to sell these computers case, Ram, MB and use that money to try to get some Newer Computers

and yes money is a factor it sucks cuz like this place is great its alot of fun and kids love it the prices are fair but we barley make our bills each month so theres not alot of money for upgrades check us out at www.bwbz.com blah oh well the process or idea was a cheaper solution to upgrading the whole machine we have liek 20

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/451353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice