1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Should Rio Ferdinand put up and get on with it?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lighthouse, Nov 17, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. lighthouse

lighthouse Thread Starter

Groan, the Prima Donnas (no not you BM) of the Football World are using up valuable Column Inches and Broadcast Time on this Rio Ferdinand Story. Sorry, but when you have Eric Cantona drop kicking someone in the Crowd - as he did, self-confessed Thugs like Vinnie Jones, the Excesses of Paul Gascoigne and George Best and the myriad Goings-on of David Beckham - this is just another very small Blip in what is a (yawn) predictably Contraversial Game. Then you have the - erm - I think they're called 'Fans' who organise the weekly Punchups and have Names like the Inter-city Firm, while the amount of Money they are paid is completely obscene! No-one is telling me that the 1970 FA Cup Final with Chelsea FC and Leeds United was a Friendly - while the North against South, Working Class against SW1 was there for all to see. At the end of it though we didn't have Peter Osgood whinge about being called some 'poncey Toff from London' - or Norman Hunter complaining that a Chelsea Player asked if he'd left his Cloggs and Whippet back home. They played the Match - has the Tussles won or lost and went home - that was it.

Except they weren't paid anything like the offensively huge amounts of Money they get now, while Media Coverage usually meant a regionally dependant Broadcast on TV and Radio on Saturday Afternoons and Tuesday Evening - with the pre and post-Match Reports in the Press. None of the Palava we have now - certainly none of the ludicrously disproportionate 'Celebrity' Coverage - and no TV Series about Footballers Wives.

Meanwhile, Rugby - for all its Mud, Blood and Guts is played by People who are anything up to PhD Educated - with JPR Williams - the Man who led Wales to many Victories in the late 1970s is a fully qualified Doctor. Can the same be said for the Wayne Rooneys of Sport - or their ridiculously Coiffered Partners that put Hollywood Actresses to shame? Nope - not really - while the Lifestyle is very sumptious indeed! While Football - not Rugby led to the Murder of a Welsh Fan a few Months ago!

I think Rio Ferdinand should just see this Incident as something that goes with the Territory - and lets face it - a few Words to a Multi-Millionaire whose Lifestyle more than makes up for it isn't exactly the Family of Stephen Lawrence who's Grievance should be taken very seriously indeed! Difference being they aren't multi-millionaires with the FA, UEFA and FIFA behind them - who don't get Wall to Wall Coverage on Cable and Satellite TV and aren't in the Celebrity Press almost every day of our Lives. Strewth, if only I could kick up such a Fuss every time anyone insulted me!!!!!

2. jamwaky

jamwaky

Was it the Chelsea Leeds match that if it were refereed today, there would have been about 20 yellows and about 8 red cards?

As for the rugby players being doctors; I presume you mean union? I'm a northerner, where it's League, and I can tell you there is not one player, that I know of, has the ability to become a doctor lol :)

As for education in football, I bet there is a few educated players out there. Look at Gary Kelly (quote me if I am wrong) but I believe he has a degree in chemistry I think.

As for Ferdinand, I am not clued up on what he has done, can you enlighten me?
    We got rid of him at the right time!

3. lighthouse

Rugby Union - where Williams and his Colleagues were paid their Expenses - even when they played and won for Wales - and that was all. This creates a much more Sportsmanlike Attitude than where Footballers are paid as much as £250,000 a Week. (Rooney). Rugby League Players are paid - obviously nothing like some Footballers - while the Sport isn't as dynamic as Rugby Union. I think Ferdinand should realise that there are many Racist Incidents that don't get reported - and with far worse Consequences than just being called a few Names and to People who have no Escape from it - while as a Sport Football is notorious for the Biggotry that exists on the Pitch and the Terraces!

I got rather irked at Polish People using the Sheep Reference when I told them I was Welsh - but would I be allowed to complain to anyone about it? "Huh, so you've come all the way here from Warsaw to insult us?" I could quite legitimately ask - while when in Poland in 2000 I never once used the 'Polak' Cliche that you might find in the US for example.

4. jamwaky

jamwaky

I've just read about Sepp and to be honest, I don't think he meant it the way he said and Rio just seems to be in it for the argument.

I think he was meaning to say something along the lines of 'people say things in the heat of the moment, take it on the chin and get on with the game.

But you are correct, nobody seems to stick up for you welsh :)

Out of interest, do you believe Welsh teams should be in English leagues?

5. Paquadez

Paquadez

If I knew who the hell Rio Ferdinand was then perhaps I could comment.

I checked the current list of recent Nobel Laureates and the name wasn't there?

:rolleyes:

6. jamwaky

jamwaky

7. lighthouse

When I put with it from the English in the 90s I had the 'Well - hmmm, they're English and that's what they're like - and probably can't help it' Attitude - kept schtum most of the Time. When it's from People who've been brought here by an Employement Agency I'm not having it. I always showed an Interest in their Culture, Music, Food, History etc - but they never seemed to have the slightest in mine! The Politically (in)correct Mafia don't see this, neither did those who brought them here - as they see Life from their nice Houses and Intellectual Cloisters - luxury Hotel Rooms in Warsaw, Vilnius and Riga! Not the same for the rest of us - and I put up with it for 3 Years. Until I met that lot I hadn't seen someone in a "Skrewdriver" T'Shirt since about 1982! That gives you an Idea as to where some of them were coming from!

Who are Skrewdriver some might ask?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrewdriver

If Rio Ferdinand can create this Story and many Column Inches and Ether Time have been used to discuss it, I have to ask who can I complain to? Then I realised - a Letter to Plaid Cymru and the Welsh Assembly is in order.

Even the US Government during the War made sure the 8th Air Force were given Guidelines about how to treat the British when they came here for 4 Years - as were the USAF Personel I got to know in East Anglia in the late 60s/early 70s! Do they still do this?

Think I'll get "The Eagle has landed" on DVD!

I used to avoid those sort of People in the late 70s-early 80s, and successfully did so for the rest of the 80s, all of the 90s - and the first Couple of Years of this Century - but it's like someone says "These are your new Friends!"

No Thanks - and we could always get our Friar Tuck - or even the BBCs - to be the Vicar Equivalent on the 'Film Set' can't we - if you've ever seen the Film!

8. Wino

Wino

I think it must be Rey Ferdinand of Spain.:)

9. lighthouse

It's inconsistant to have the Stephen Lawrence Case currently in Court - while Corporatism is bringing completely inappropriate People into Britain - who the PC Squad say we're not allowed to reproach - but they are allowed to usurp everything we are because of some Business Arrangement! I'm not in Poland carrying on like Hermann Goering or Heinz Guderian - so why are they here without any regard for who we might be?

Not surprised People have had enough of the Corporates!

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Google is your friend mate :):D

11. Paquadez

Paquadez

n.b.

I have, unfortunately, collected the reality that this geezer is yet another overpaid, over-exposed bladder basher, Blackie.

It was what is called IRONY.

Sadly, the irony gene seems to have been removed at birth in anyone much born post 1970.............

:rolleyes:

12. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

:D:D:D

i had to google him as well :)

13. buffoon

buffoon

Never had one of that name. We calls him "Fernando" as is proper :D

14. buffoon

buffoon

and it's not the only gene, I fear ;):)

15. buffoon

buffoon

...................but, to answer the thread question, YESSSSS, in both cases.

And get out of my face while he's at it.:D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice