1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Should the tech % be removed?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by HexStar, Oct 16, 2003.

Mark Solved
?

Do you think the tech % should be removed?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I don't understand

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Not Here

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

Do you think the tech % should be removed?

2. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

Yes I do, and I think that user's should be able to place a status other than the one that's designated by post count. For example, I want to put "Meek Servant of Maleldil where my tech% is. That way I can get an AV of a picture of Mars and it will match my location perfectly. For those of you who don't know what the heck Malacandra, Maleldil, and Mars have to do with each other; I suggest you get a copy of Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength, which form C.S. Lewis's space trilogy and read them. ;)

3. RandyG

RandyG

I'm really tired of this topic brought up by the same person.

I am all for people who make good valid suggestions, but not rehashing the same one every few months.

Hex - ***&Personal Opinion Alert*** you don't like it, go elsewhere. This has been debated, and it has been decided upon. Drop it!

you're spurious other thread with it's identical question relating to post count.

4. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

it is a tool it shows what % of a persons post actually pertain to fixing computers. there is alot of people here who just hang out in random and that is cool. but if angelize decided to give some advice in how to build a pc. how would they know she didnt know that?

5. THoey

THoey

buddhafabio,

% of Tech posting has nothing to do with Tech Knowledge. I can post a million times in tech and that doesn't mean that I am not asking stupid questions or giving bad/wrong advice.

6. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    I thought we were gonna drop this?

who cares....

Might as well move it to debate now.... please....

7. Rockn

Rockn

Only for HexStar...I guess that's why you don't post much in the tech areas right Thoey...LOL

8. THoey

THoey

LOL Rockn. Besides, My specialty is Oracle and we don't have a forum for that here. Little DB design for Access questions and the rest is Random and a couple of dumb questions of my own...

9. clskrk

clskrk

Just like the post count,
    How about a big cup of "Don't Give A Sh1+"

10. marcus77

marcus77

I said it before, and I'll say it again. I prefer the tech%! I like to know who has ventured out of the Random section once and a while, and who hasn't. Without that %, I am looking at people with tens to hundreds of posts more than mine, and wondering how they go that many (I'm talking regular people, not Mods). Once I see the % of posts placed in tech, I fell better about my posts.

There are a lot of people with 500+ posts, and without the tech %, it's hard to tell if those posts are from helping people and/or asking for help, or just plain socializing.

11. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Thanks marcus, some of us actually try to help people. We should recieve some credit for it somehow.

12. pronute

pronute

I don't foresee that in the near present, that post counting will not be inversely displayed.(n)

In other words............ no.

Hey Hex you where all for it a month ago. What may I ask, swayed your opinion this time?;)

13. HexStar

I was never all for it. I think that people should be able to chose in their cp if they want the % and/or post count displayed or not.

14. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Leave things the way they are Hex! If it bothers you....well there is an option for you! :)
    Thanks for using me as an example BF! :D Build a pc....LMAO! :D I can build confidence though! :) I'm pretty sure with my tech % no one will assume I'm too techy! :D I'm a "random rebel"!!! :D Take care! angel :)

15. HexStar

I never said anything bothered me.:mad: I just wanted opinions that's all.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!