1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Show data as list rather than as icons etc

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Brian Fowler, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Fowler

Brian Fowler Thread Starter

Hi

I want to set MS office so that when I look in a folder or my documents it shows the files in a list rather than icons. Can I reset so that it defaults this way for all existing folders and new ones I create.

Thanks for your help

Brian
    Dublin, Ireland

2. Miz

Miz

Open any folder...My Documents will do...and arrange it the way you want all folders to be arranged using the View menu.

Once you have it the way you want it, up at the top go to Tools>Folder Options and go to the View tab. Click the "Apply to all folders" button, click OK.

If it's the appearance of folders that open when you use the Save As or Open feature in an Office application, if they don't display the changes you made in Folder Options, on the right-hand side, just above where the folder contents display, there are several buttons.

Hover the cursor over each until you find the "View" button. Click the tiny down-pointing arrowhead next to it to open the list of choices and click on the one you want.

3. Brian Fowler

Brian Fowler Thread Starter

Miz ...thanks for your reply

Brian Fowler
    Dublin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice