1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Show ONLY Dist. List name in "To:" Field, Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Yama-Dharma, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yama-Dharma

Yama-Dharma Thread Starter

I would like to have the people on my distribution list see only the name of the distribution list in the "To:" field of the e-mail I've sent, rather than the names of all 25 members in the dist list. I'm aware of using the BCC method, but am wondering if there is a better way.

2. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

I think this is only possible if you are using a MS Exchange Server distribution list that was set up as 'Hide Distribution List Membership'.

I don't think you can do it with your local distribution list.

However, there are some clever people in TSG so .....

rgds
    Hew

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/250655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice