1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Show the Desktop feature

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jennsmn, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jennsmn

jennsmn Thread Starter

I used to use the windows + D combination to show my desktop but it has stopped working. When I right-click on the taskbar, the option has disappeared as well.
    Everything that I have looked up on the web, deals with putting the 'Show the desktop' back on Quick Launch toolbar.
    I can do that - but the Show the Desktop shortcut & Windows + D no longer work.

Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

2. zabusant

zabusant

The term you're looking for is hotkey - so you should be searching for information on how to set hotkeys in windows. Sorry I wasn't more helpful, don't use the darn things:)

3. Claymore

Claymore

Hello,

You need to turn off Active Desktop:

Right-click the desktop and click Properties.
    Click the Desktop tab.
    Click the Web tab.
    Uncheck (clear) any checked boxes in the 'Web pages' box.
    OK and OK

4. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi. If you follow the link you may find something to help with the task manager left hand column items 113/117 you could also peruse through the listed items to find a solution to your desktop problem.
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!