1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

showing original image

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Videogirl30, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Videogirl30

Videogirl30 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I really hope that someone can help me. I have Windows XP, and my computer automatically updates, well it done that and since then I've had a little problem. When I go tomy normal websites I used to be able to clear up an image by right clicking and selecting "show original image" since my update when I right click there is no option to"show original image". What can I do to get that back on there cause I need it:)
    Please help!!!!

2. kimsland

kimsland

Click on tools (Press tab in IE7 to see the menu bar)
    Internet Options
    Go to security Tab - and default everything
    Go to Advanced tab (far right) and reset everything to defaults

3. Videogirl30

Okay, I just done what you said and it still didn't fix it, what else you got??

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    By any chance did you neglect to mention you have some type of a web accelerator program installed on your computer? Blurry images in a web browser are usually a sign such a program is being used.

5. Videogirl30

Oh I'm so sorry I didn't know that you guys needed that info:( But yes I have web accelerator before the computer updated we could just click show original image and it would clear up but now we don't have that option,also since the update this computer is really slow....can you help???

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Not sure if I can help much. I have have read about them but have never used any type of web accelerator application. Your mentioning about clearing up images on a web site just sounded like you were using one.

It is possible that a Windows update changed some type of security preferences setting in your browser that blocked some of the functions of the accelerator. You might want to see if the accelerator service you are using has any on-line help for restoring normal operation after a Windows update.

7. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Or just get rid of or stop the accelertion application altogether. If you are on a tremendously slow connection you can disable 3rd party ad banners, videos, picture display, flash animations and sounds and only turn them on from within the browser when you want to see one of the items you turned off. That sort of home-brewed web acceleration is much more effective in my opinion than running everything through an extra compression filter before you see it.

8. Videogirl30

I actually called my ISP provider and I'm not sure that we understood one another I think he was having a hard time with English. From what I gather he thinks that my Internet Explorer is corrupt, do you guys know if that could be the problem and if so can it be fixed???

9. kimsland

kimsland

To fix IE 7

Go to Add/remove programs in Control panel
    Look for go to add/remove Windows components
    Untick (deselect) Internet explorer - Apply Ok...
    (You will not lose any security updates; but may need to backup favorites)

Go back to add/remove Windows components and re-select Internet Explorer.
    Actually I'd just fully download IE7 from MS again and do it that way (manually)

Anyway once IE7 has been re-installed
    Go to adobe.com and make sure flash is installed (just install it again - no google bar)
    Go to Windows updates and do all the missing windows updates.

Try viewing again.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!