1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shrinking Monitor Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by emac921, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emac921

emac921 Thread Starter

My wife has a 17" Princeton monitor, her video card is a Nvidia TNT 64.

On occasions, her screen shrinks in from top, bottom and sides.

It is very easy to adjust, but gets on her nerves. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

BTW, I have adjusted her refresh rate to 72hz which is 2hz over the max for VGA.

Comments please.

2. n2gun

n2gun

It may be the monitor itself. If possible connect it to another computer for a while to see what happens. If it is the monitor and it is still under warranty I would get it replaced as soon as possible. It sounds to me like the high voltage in the monitor is varying and it could go any time.

3. emac921

emac921 Thread Starter

It's no longer in warranty. I guess I'll wait for the crash.

Thanks

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

When you say it's very easy to adjust, exactly what are you doing to adjust it?

5. emac921

emac921 Thread Starter

With buttons on the front, I can adjust the Horiz. and Vert. size and positions.

That's all I do.

6. pronute

pronute

Does this happen when your viewing it right in front of you, or is it when you boot up? If it's when you boot up; are you booting from monitor stand by, or power off? I ask because some monitors lose all settings when you power them down and/ or shut off the surge protector that the monitor is pluged into. if this is happening while the monitor is in use then you do have a problem, probably the monitor it's self.

7. emac921

emac921 Thread Starter

It happens on monitor stanby, we hardly turn the thing off, only once a week on the average.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like the monitor is on the way out - not worth fixing although it could work like this for many years still.

9. pronute

pronute

In that case if you got your moneys worth out of it so far then your previous post; "just wait for the crash" is probably the only thing to do, repairing it will cost about the same as a new one.

10. emac921

emac921 Thread Starter

Thanks guys, for the replys. I'll just wait for the ultimate to happen.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice