Shrunken display of Forum threads

RandyG

I don't know if anyone else has suddenly seen this problem, and maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

I run my 17" monitor at 1024 x 768, and normally view TSG going from one edge of my monitor to the other.

Right now, it looks like the Forum has been hardcoded to display only in 800 x 600, which means it is only displaying in the center part of my screen. I would say that baout 1/5th of my display on the left of the forum is only showing the background color of the webpage, as well as on the right of the forum.

Mike did you do something???

I was just coming here to post the same question. Started happening about 15 minutes ago; just "out of the blue", so to speak :)

I am seeing the same display as well. I had checked here earlier and everything looked as it always has. Is this a permanent change? I feel a little cramped.

Nice pun Roger! Same here also.
Different and not sure if I would prefer it that way. Kind of looks nice and easy to read and scroll.
Dave

Same here. This is the only site dong it. Must be a glitch. As an experiment I downloaded this as html. When I opened it, the page was normal.

EDIT: I changed my screen resolution. I thought possibly that might be the problem. It wasn't. It happened at 800 x600 too.

Bryan

Bryan
This is an email from Mike Cermak that he asked me to pass along ....

It's a problem with the advertisements that surround the forums, actually. I'll turn them of completely tonight and tell the ad company that I'm fed up with them always messing things up...

I won't be in front of an Internet-capable system until very late tonight, though, so post a message for me to let everyone know that I'm aware of the problem and will correct it tonight.

-Mike

Damn, I'm old, gonna have to enable that zoom function in the accessibility options me thinks :)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Thanks for being my voice, Bryan! It's been a looong day. :)

I have it set at 800 x 600 and use Netscape and all is find. Well pages here load very slow.
Also I keep the java off and DO NOT see any ads here.:D
If I turn the java on there are lots of ads.

RandyG

AAAAhhhhhhhhhh . . .

Nice to see it back the way it was!! I was actually feeling cramped just watching the way it was!

Thanx for fixing it Mike!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online