1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shuffle music bringing up artists equally often

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by maartensesink, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maartensesink

maartensesink Thread Starter

Hi!

I'm looking for software, a music player, which enables me to shuffle my entire music collection (mp3 files) in such a way that it plays every artist equally often, not every song equally often. All random shuffle modes I know give equal weight to individual songs, not artists. This means that when I have much more music of one artist I will hear his music much more often, even though I do not necessarily like this artist any more. I cannot find a music player with this option anywhere, although it seems to me to be something more people would want. Does anyone know any Windows 10 compatible software I could use?

Thanks very much!
    Maarten

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    I've not seen one that is configurable in that way. Shuffle is either on or off, but not configurable in any way that I've ever seen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice