1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

shut down at login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bigzach334, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigzach334

bigzach334 Thread Starter

I have a hp pavillion dv5 with windows 7. Everytime I try to start up windows normally I get to the login screen, log in and blue screen appears then instantly my computer reboots. I do not have this problem in safe mode. PLEASE HELP

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

That's a good sign because it means only your User Account has been messed up at the winlogonui stage, almost certainly by some form of malware. Boot up and go into Safe Mode with Networking and start off by downloading CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com and ATF Cleaner form http://www.atribune.org. Run both to clear out different forms of unnecessary files to make the malware scanning run more smoothly and it clears out the folders where the nasty stuff tends to hide.

Next, go to http://www.malwarebytes.com and download MalwareBytes, install it and let it update then run the Full Scan. When it completes, click Show Results and then Remove Selected - it won't kill anything you'd wish to keep.

Restart back into Normal Mode which hopefully will now work. If it doesn't, go back to Safe Mode, open MBAM and click the Logs tab. Copy and paste the log it created back here for more advice.

3. bigzach334

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
    www.malwarebytes.org
    Database version: 5657
    Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)
    Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
    2/2/2011 12:56:08 AM
    mbam-log-2011-02-02 (00-56-08).txt
    Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
    Objects scanned: 367887
    Time elapsed: 20 minute(s), 55 second(s)
    Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 8
    Files Infected: 7
    Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)
    Memory Modules Infected:
    Registry Keys Infected:
    Registry Values Infected:
    Registry Data Items Infected:
    Folders Infected:
    c:\programdata\2aca5cc3-0f83-453d-a079-1076fe1a8b65 (Adware.Seekmo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\Users\Zach\AppData\Roaming\HBLite (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\program files (x86)\HBLite (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\program files (x86)\HBLite\bin (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\program files (x86)\HBLite\bin\11.0.329.0 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\program files (x86)\HBLite\bin\11.0.329.0\firefox (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\program files (x86)\HBLite\bin\11.0.329.0\firefox\extensions (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    Files Infected:
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\HBLiteSA.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesaabout.mht (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesaau.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesaeula.mht (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesa_hpk.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\programdata\HBLiteSA\hblitesa_kyf.dat (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    c:\program files (x86)\HBLite\bin\11.0.329.0\firefox\extensions\install.rdf (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

4. bigzach334

I did everything exactly as you said and it did the same thing a couple more times, but now it seems fine. i posted the log just in case there is anything that needs to be done about it. Thanks for your help man, i really appreciate it.

5. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Pretty low-level stuff in the MBAM log but it may have taken a couple of restarts for the Registry to catch up with the changes MBAM made in deleting files, along with the other entries associated with the files the cleaners binned. I hope it behaves properly in future.

6. bigzach334

It just started happening again, but not at the loginand anymore. It just happens randomly, and now even in safe mode. Do you know anything else I can try?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice