1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shut Down Computer no longer POSTs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Astieman, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astieman

Astieman Thread Starter

My homebuild computer was running fine until Saturday evening when I shut down the computer and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, the keyboard, mouse, fans, and internal lights were all on (even though I had shut the computer down all the way) and the computer would no longer turn on.

Parts list:
    ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z
    AMD FX-4350
    PNY GTX 970
    16 GB RAM
    128 GB SSD
    3 TB HDD

Whenever it was started up, the motherboard LED display shows an error code 99 which is a "Super IO Initialization." I removed the graphics card to try to see if it was the problem and it did not fix it.

Most recently, I bought the following:
    ASUS 970 ProGaming/Aura
    New Power Supply

to see if that would fix the problem, unfortunately, it still doesn't post and it still doesn't have anything show up on screen. Anyways, I did get it to POST once, but it gave me a "fan error" since I missed one of the wires.

Any help or direction would be appreciated, thank you!

2. TechSupportPenguin

TechSupportPenguin Banned

First Name:
    Daniel
    Hey Astieman! I am sorry to hear that your computer does not post.

Considering that your USB ports appear to be outputting power, I think the motherboard is fine.

Did your start experiencing these issues after you installed the new hardware, or is it unrelated?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice