1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shut down problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by phpisbland, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phpisbland

phpisbland Thread Starter

I've noticed on the family computer here that when someone shuts down the computer it will just stay on the screen that says "Windows is shutting down..." forever. I don't know what could be causing it and was wondering if anyone else might know something about it. There does not seem to be any other problems with the computer at all.

On further inspection it seems that it only happens on one account as well. I suppose it must be a program that is unique to that account but how would I go about figuring out which one it is?

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. TheDude5555

TheDude5555

4. GDead

GDead

Hope this isn't sent as a reply but as a post. My friend's pc has shut down at diferent times. Once it gets past the "Welcome" page, it has shut down anywhere from two minutes - 24 hours . It has shut down while being online and offline. My friend lives in an apart. complex and has DSL connection. I tried to defrag. but the pc shut down before it had a chance to complete the run. I will try to defrag it again. I've deleted all of the "temp" files. Even asked it not to shut down anymore :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!