Shut Down/Start Up screens

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thepit

My brother downloaded a theme from the net, and it has changed the welcome and start up screens. Is there anyway of getting them back, without doing a system restore? I heard the files are in the System folder, is that true? What are the names of the files?

Thanks

Hey Pit,

More info please.

What are you running ? Is there a name for this "theme" ?

etc.

-Bonzie

thepit

Hey dogbonz, it's on windows 98. The theme is digimon, but someone removed it, and i'm kinda stuck with two stupid startup and shut down screens.

Hi pit,

Sounds like partially removed spyware.

Look around for the "digimon" website. They migh have a clean up
for it. Maybe.

Also, get and USE Spybot and Lavasoftusa Ad-Aware. They my
find it. Something like that makes changes in the registry. Use
the find command in regedit, and search for "digimon" (without the
quotes.)

-Bonzie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online