Shut down timer?

shahmedi

I am using the following system
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 32 bit, Build 9600, Installed 20150711134904.000000+330
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, 811 MB
Hard Drives: C: 146 GB (94 GB Free); D: 97 GB (91 GB Free); E: 97 GB (94 GB Free); F: 123 GB (97 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gateway EG50_HC_HR, ver Type2 - Board Version, s/n NBC1F11001252555023400
System: Gateway, ver ACRSYS - 1, s/n NXY1USI0102520D3813400
Antivirus: Guardian AntiVirus 2014, Enabled

I am facing a problem wherein my system automatically shuts off at an interval of 30 minutes. Can you help me diagnose and solve this problem?

TerryNet

Terry
By "my system automatically shuts off" you mean that there is a sudden loss of power as if you pulled the power plug? And there is no warning or caution message?

Interval of exactly 30 minutes or "about" 30 minutes?

shahmedi

By "my system automatically shuts off" you mean that there is a sudden loss of power as if you pulled the power plug? And there is no warning or caution message?

Interval of exactly 30 minutes or "about" 30 minutes?
Yep, the power just shuts off as if I've pulled the power plug . The interval is exactly 30 minutes without any warning or caution.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you sure that it is NOT going into the sleep, suspend or hibernation mode?

TerryNet

Terry
Laptop or desktop?

What do you have to do to get it powered up again? Do you have to wait any amount of time before doing that?

shahmedi

Laptop or desktop? What do you have to do to get it powered up again? Do you have to wait any amount of time before doing that?
Laptop or desktop? What do you have to do to get it powered up again? Do you have to wait any amount of time before doing that?
No. I do not have to wait. I simply push the power button and the boot process starts immediately.

shahmedi

Happens both plugged in and on battery only?
Yep. Both ways. It SEEMS like my system has been programmed to shut off every 30 minutes irrespective of whether the power is through the plug or battery. Also once the power is shut off , I can immediately boot it on without any hitch or waiting.

you could check your windows action center and see if you can provide more information on system events like shutting off or if there is anything else suspicious in there.

shahmedi

I am not a technical guy; so where do I look for the windows action center and once I find it what should I look for?
you could check your windows action center and see if you can provide more information on system events like shutting off or if there is anything else suspicious in there.

try and look under event viewer (local)> windows logs > system. and see if there is anything about shutdown or any warnings that may help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online