1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

shut down window

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ijusth, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ijusth

ijusth Thread Starter

I click on shutdown from the start area and get a second shut down screen. Before my system crashed and I had to do a complete reinstall of the OS and apps this didn't happen. how do you get rid of that window? Also as long as I am asking (and maybe it is cuased by the same thing) when I boot up I get a log in window where before it simple booted up into the normal desktop. I would like to get rid of this too.

2. Lance1

Lance1

Are you talking about this in the attachment? As fare as I know you can't. As for the logon, click on Start \ Run and type control userpasswords2 and hit enter. uncheck the box at the top. ”See Attachment”

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      46.7 KB
      Views:
  3. ijusth

ijusth Thread Starter

fantastic ... I did it and will check to see if it worked on my next reboot. hopefully this will fix the prompt on shutdown too. If it doesn't how do you get rid of the window asking of you want to shutdown? Pretty silly prompt if you as me. You go into start and press shutdown and then it asks you again if you want to shutdown.

4. ijusth

ijusth Thread Starter

ok finally did a reboot and now things have gotten crazy. It now tries to log in as "administrator" and even worse I now get a message that the administrator account is restricted. My personal account is set as system admin and luckily I was able to log in as me but where the heck did it get the idea to default log in as "administrator" and why is it showing that as restricted.

5. Lance1

Lance1

Did you highlight both accounts? Both yours and the Administrator account? Sounds like you just did yours and left the admin so that’s why it is coming up.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      48.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!