1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shutdown Problem Help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RadTurbo, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadTurbo

RadTurbo Thread Starter

So my day has been crappy to say the least! I come home to use my desktop computer (running Vista) and i push the power button it loads up goes to the password screen then shuts down! Retried and it still does the same thing? IDK what is goin on and its just what i need on this day!

I do not have internet on it so it cannot be a virus? I did however take it to Best Buy and asked them about a graphics card and they ran an update on my Sims game because it had be acting up and then they updated windows or something? But it worked perfectly fine yester day and i went to best buy on friday and it worked fine both days then today its doing this?

Another lil bit of info, my keyboard has the num lock button glowing and when i try to push the num lock button to turn it off it doesnt work and the keys don't work right? Like the one menu pops up and asks if i want to load a recovery or start normally and the arrow keys don't work and the enter button doesnt work they work after pushing them several times but they don't work correctly? PLease help!!!!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Insert the Vista DVD and choose Startup Repair .

3. RadTurbo

RadTurbo Thread Starter

Actually i fixed it, turnes out my keyboard was the only problem it had a short in it or something? Everytime i unplugged it my computer worked perfect! Then i would plug it in and bam it would shut down? So i went yesterday and bought and new keyboard and its all good!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice