Shutdown/restart problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blueally55

When I try to restart or shutdown my laptop, it comes up with the message

IEXPLORE.EXE

This program is not responding

Each time I click on end now, the same message keeps coming up until sometimes I have to force quit using the power button. The longer the computer has been running (I usually only close the lid after working on it) the more times the 'not responding 'message comes up and I eventually have to force quit. I usually have decided to restart because of such problems as, the computer not recognising a thumbdrive or double clicking the internet icon will not launch the program. After restarting, all is well for a while.
I would be grateful for some assistance.

What version of IE are you using ?
If you are on IE 6 then can you please try upgrading to IE7 and then see if the problem persists ??

~a

yes, i thought that should do the trick !
please post back if you see the problem reoccur !

~a

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online