1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Shutting down computer-Dont want it to say"It is now safe to shutdown your computer"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Brin, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brin

Brin Thread Starter

Hey,
    I have a Windows Xp Prof. Sp2
    Dell Latitiude D600

I'm connected on a dialup and this is what Im trying to get my computer to fully shutdown in the minutes i specify (ex:60minutes) I sometimes leave the computer on at night and don't want it to be still on when i come back...Something to make it automatically shutdown

I got a program that shuts down the computer automatically. And it works...My computer shuts down but in the end it gets stuck at "It is not safe to shutdown your computer" I don't want it to do this, because then someone needs to press the power button to fully shut it down.

Is there a way to make it so I don't come to this? Also..
    When I start up I see my username and a password box. I don't have a password so I just press enter in the password box, is there a way to make it so it doesn't ask for my blank password everytime I turn it on?

I can't find where to play with these settings.
    If anyone can help...Help pls!!!

thanksss :)

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

I think that shows up if you have 2 or more accounts listed on the welcome screen.

For the shut down, I checked Dell's site and I think I have a solution. You need to go into the BIOS (or setup on Dell, which is DEL key) and then look for Automatic Shutdown. This option may be disabled so all you need to do is enable it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/348394