Shutting down extra processes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nvrsummer2

I am getting lag in online games. I checked my running processes and it said that I have 43 running. How do I know which of these I can shut down for good safely?? Does that number seem high? Or is that a normal amount?? Thanks In advance for any help!!!

nvrsummer2

looks like a good tool. But how do I know which ones to run and which to shut down??

i dont know if this will help, but I also have 42 processes running. I will probebly run the program recomended, and i don't know if this many is normal, but I thought I'd let you know

Looks like it is not free anymore.

An alternative program is SmartClose.

I assume it also picks out processes it can safely close. If not, more info on these processes can be found here...Sysinfo.org.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online