Shutting down extra processes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nvrsummer2

Can someone give me a hand in shutting down my extra processes. I am trying to boost my framerates while online games. I have no idea which ones to stop and which to leave running. Does anyone have a system for doing this?? I forgot how to post what I have running. Thanks in advance

nvrsummer2

Thanks, Ill look at that. But someone before was able to look at my services and told me which ones to do. Im not to good at determining what I do and dont need. Anyone willing to do this again for me?

that site only shows which services to close.

you get the largest fps increase when you disable the startup items.

(there the little icons next to your clock)
many of then wont be near the clock but they will still be running and really killing your frame rate.

for startup items, go to start> run and type in msconfig then uncheck load startup items or click on the sab that says startup then uncheck everything.

startup items are files that windows opens for you so you don't have to go and double click on their icons

so if you can handle double clicking on the icons when you need them, then uncheck load startup items
and get a extra 10fps or more in games.

i did a bigger msconfig tweak for my pc it helps me always be the first to join in on battlefield 2 so i get the best planes and start taking flags while everyone is still loading

Using msconfig can result in an unbootable computer. It's much safer to use the services snap-in by typing services.msc into the 'Run' box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts