Shutting down in XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bully

I've just installed XP on my Compaq 1694 Laptop, and have a couple of minor bugs. My computer used to shut down automatically, and now I have to do it manually when the OS says it is safe to do. Any fix?

In control panel go into power options. APM Tab. Make sure APM (Advanced Power Management) Is enabled. This fixed it for me. Let me know if it works..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online