Shutting down internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

retmet

Am setting up new computer. How do I set it IE6 to automatically shut down the internet connection when I have closed all internet windows?

I am using Windows XP and the box to shut down connection when it is no longer used, in advanced settings, is checked.

F

Foamer

Hi retmet...

A program like Yahoo or MSN IM's running in the background will keep your connection open even if you shut down IE. Make sure that no other programs are using the connection when you leave IE. The icon of the operating program will usually show in the taskbar at the bottom of your desktop to the right. As soon as ALL programs using the connection are closed... You should get the disconnect window.

Good luck :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online